The ex-serviceman must, as soon as he joins any civil employment, give a self-declaration to the employer concerned about the date-wise details of application for various vacancies he had applied for before joining the initial civil employment.
As per a provision introduced in December 1979, reservation to ex-servicemen is available
- 10% of vacancies in Group C posts.
- 20% in Group D posts in the central civil services.
- 10% reservation is also extended to ex-Army personnel in vacancies for posts up to the level of assistant commandant in all paramilitary forces to be filled by direct recruitment.
Ex-Servicemen Category Posts
- What is the percentage of reservation available to me under the Ex-Servicemen category?
- 5 % out of the total No. of vacancies in Group-C posts.
- Which posts come under Group-C category ?
- The posts with revised scale of pay, the minimum of which is Rs.4800- 10,000+ Grade Pay Rs.1400 and above, but below Rs.9,300 -34,800+ Grade Pay Rs.4400.
- What is the maximum age limit for Ex-Serviceman ?
- 53 years of age in the case of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Castes (Arunthathiyars), Scheduled Tribes, Most Backward Classes/ Denotified Communities, Backward Classes (other than Muslim) and Backward Classes (Muslim).
- 48 years of age in the case of Others on the 1st July of the year in which the selection is made.
- I am an Ex-Serviceman. I do not fully satisfy the prescribed qualification including the age limit announced in the Notification. Am I eligible to apply?
- May also apply even if he do fully satisfy all the prescribed qualifications including the age-limit announced in the Advertisement / Notification.
- The case of each such applicant will be considered on merits and the question of relaxing any technical restriction including the age limit will be considered, if he is selected.
- I am presently serving in the armed forces. Am I eligible to apply?
- if you are due to complete the specified terms of your engagement in the Armed Forces within one year from the last date prescribed by the appropriate authority for receipt of application in respect of a particular result / examination.
- At the time, when you come up for selection, if you are otherwise qualified, you can claim the concession for Ex-serviceman as per the rule issued by the Government of India.
- Who are not considered as Ex-serviceman?
- A Recruit is not an Ex-serviceman.
- A person discharged before July 1987 under Army Rule 13 (3) III (V) for the reason that his service is no longer required is not an ex-serviceman.
- What evidence I should produce to claim concession under Ex-Serviceman category?
- Properly authenticated extract from the Discharge Certificate in the following form-Name of the candidate –
- Rank held –
- Date of enrolment –
- Date of discharge –
- Reasons for discharge –
- Conduct and Character
- while employed in the military.
Ex-Servicemen Quota in Central and State Government jobs
The Central/State Governments provide the following concessions to promote employment of Ex-Servicemen(ESM) in the civil jobs:-
Reservations for ESM in Central Government Sector
|S.No.||Organisation||Gp ‘C’||Gp ‘D’||Remarks|
|1||Cenral Govt./Ministries/ Department||10 %||20 %||Addl 4.5% in each category for war widows and Disabled soldier.|
|2||PSUs||14.5 %||24.5 %|
|3||Banks||14.5 %||24.5 %|
|4||Railways||10 %||20 %|
- In Defence Security Corps, 100% vacancies are reserved for ESM
- 10% posts up to Assistant Commandants in paramilitary
State Governments also provide reservations to ESM in State Government jobs.
Ex-Servicemen Quota in State Government jobs
Reservation in State Govt (in %)
|State/UT||Gp’A’ in %||Gp’B’ in %||Gp’C’ in %||Gp’D’ in %|
|1. ANDHRA PRADESH||0||0||2||2|
|11.JAMMU & KASHMIR||0||0||6||6|
|30.A & N ISLANDS||0||0||1||1|