The coming SSC MTS 2022 is a good opportunity for you to show your capabilities and get a desired job. Here are some tips to help you prepare for the exam.
Subject Wise Preparation Tips for SSC MTS 2022
The SSC MTS 2022 selection process consists of two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 exam will include four subjects that are General English, Reasoning & General Intelligence, General Awareness, Numerical Aptitude.
SSC MTS 2022 General Intelligence & Reasoning Tips
- The section is high scoring, the aspirants can obtain a good score from this part.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning will consist of 25 marks. One can easily score 20+ marks in this sector.
- The questions will be non-verbal types.
- This unit will examine the abilities of the aspirants to deal with abstract ideas and symbols, arithmetical computation, and other analytical functions.
- SSC Reasoning Verbal and Non-verbal by Gajendra Kumar and Abhishek Banerjee will be very helpful to cover all the essential topics of Reasoning.
- Some of the important topics of General Intelligence and Reasoning are:
- Similarities and Differences
- Space visualization
- Decision making
- Visual memory
- Discriminating observation
- Relationship concepts
- Figure classification
- Arithmetical number series
- Non-Verbal Series etc.
SSC MTS 2022 Numerical Aptitude Tips
The Numerical Aptitude questions will be comparatively simpler than the other sections. The aspirants will be asked some basic questions and those will not be so difficult, hence, regular practice will help you to fetch a decent score in the exam.
- The aspirants are advised to save time from answering the questions of other sections since Numerical Aptitude takes much time to solve the questions.
- Try to solve the Quantitative Aptitude section as much as possible from R S Agarwal’s book. It will help to cover the basic concept of the subject. Moreover, you can solve the sample questions from this book.
- The aspirants have to answer 25 marks questions from Numerical Aptitude
- Do not waste much time solving one question. Try to solve the questions as per their merit.
- All of the aspirants are asked to give additional effort to prepare the following sections:
- Computation of whole numbers
- Fundamental arithmetical operations
- Ratio and Proportion
- Ratio and Time
- Number Systems
- Decimals and Fractions and relationship between the Numbers
- Profit and Loss
- Use of tables and graphs
- Time and distance
- Time and work etc.
SSC MTS English Language Tips
If the aspirants have a good hold over vocabulary and Grammar, they can easily get good scores in this section. To strengthen the Vocabulary, the aspirants can follow Word Power Made Easy book by Norman Lewis. In addition, the candidates can also find the exam pattern of the English Language. Some of the popular topics of English Language Tips are:
- Reading Comprehension
- Vocabulary and Grammar
- Idioms and Proverbs
- Sentence Improvement
- Phrase Replacement
- Error Correction
- Synonyms, Antonyms and its correct usage etc.
SSC MTS General Awareness Tips
General Awareness covers two sections, they are Current affairs and static GK. To prepare the Static GK part, the aspirants can follow some good reference Books such as Static General Awareness by A P Bhardwaj. On the other hand, for preparing the Current affairs section, try to keep yourself updated with the latest happenings. It will be better if you make a habit of reading the newspaper daily. It is beneficial to get all the latest news of domestic and global markets.
Some of the important topics of Static GK and current affairs are:
- India and its neighbours,
- Scientific Discoveries
- History & Culture
- Polity with special emphasis on Indian Constitution
- Books and Authors
Important Tips to Clear the SSC MTS 2022 Exam
- There is no shortcut to crack the SSC MTS exam. Better, you make a timetable and follow it accordingly. So that you can cover every topic and devote at least 3-4 hours every day.
- Go through the sample papers and previous years’ question papers to know the SSC MTS exam pattern. It will in turn help you to understand the important areas, from where the maximum questions are asked.
- Once you complete your syllabus, you should take full-length mock tests every day. Hence, you can prepare yourself mentally before appearing for the exam. You can make a habit of completing the paper within the mentioned time limit.
- Go through the mistakes and self-evaluate yourself. Make a note of it and try to never repeat those mistakes.
Important Books for Preparing SSC MTS 2022 Exam
Given are some important books for the preparation of SSC MTS.
Numerical Aptitude Test Books
Following are some of the best books for the Numerical Aptitude syllabus. The candidates must go through the SSC MTS syllabus and select the books which suit them the best.
|Name of Book||Author||Publisher|
|Objective Arithmetic||Rajesh Verma||Arihant Publication|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R.S. Aggarwal||S.Chand|
|SSC Mathematics Solved Papers||–||Kiran Publication|
Following is a book suggested by all the toppers and experts. This book is said to cover most of the topics and help the students get correct approach to preparation.
|Name of Book||Author||Publisher|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning (Revised Edition)||R.S. Aggarwal||S.Chand Publication|
English Language Books
The three books listed here for the English Language are very important and helpful. It is necessary to refer to all three for scoring high marks in this section.
|Name of Book||Author||Publisher|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis||–|
|Objective General English||S.P. Bakshi||Arihant Publication|
|Objective English For Competitive Examinations (5th Edition)||Hari Mohan Prasad, Uma Rani Sinha||Mcgraw Hill Education|
How to Crack SSC MTS in First Attempt ?
Here are some of the preparation tips for SSC MTS 2022:
- Aspiring candidates should keep themselves updated about the current affairs in India.
- The aspirants should read newspapers extensively to get a good grip on current events.
- One must make it a point to read at least one book every week on various topics such as politics, history, economics and English literature to build their vocabulary.
- It is advisable that you take up debate and other extracurricular activities that help in language learning and analytical skills.
What strategy do I have to follow SSC MTS 2022 ?
SSC MTS Preparation Tip 1 – Knowledge Of Exam Pattern & marking scheme
Before starting the SSC MTS 2021 preparation, candidates should know the SSC MTS exam pattern 2022.
SSC MTS Preparation Tip 2 – Knowledge Of Syllabus
- Candidates along with the knowledge of SSC Multi Tasking (Non Technical) Staff exam pattern should also have knowledge of the SSC MTS syllabus 2022.
- The questions in the SSC MTS paper 1 exam are asked for various topics like general intelligence & reasoning, general awareness, English language, etc. Whereas SSC MTS paper 2 exam is descriptive in nature.
SSC MTS Preparation Tip 3 – Focus On Completing The Course
- The SSC Multi Tasking (Non Technical) Staff syllabus for both the papers of the SSC MTS examination is prescribed by the Staff Selection Commission.
- Candidates should focus on completing the SSC MTS syllabus 2022 prescribed by the SSC before attempting the previous year MTS question paper or the SSC MTS sample papers.
SSC MTS Preparation Tip 4 – What Study Material To Refer
- Candidates should develop a habit of reading as it helps them to improve their grammar and writing skill sets, cover current affairs and improve their basic understanding of related things.
- It will help the candidates in the paper 2 of the SSC MTS exam. They are also advised not to refer to too many SSC MTS books as it will cause a lot of confusion in the minds of the candidates.
- Candidates are advised to stick to the standard SSC Multi Tasking (Non Technical) Staff books and revise them.
SSC MTS Preparation Tip 5 – Paper 1 & 2
- Candidates are advised to practice as many SSC Multi Tasking (Non Technical) Staff sample papers as possible to improve their speed and accuracy in the SSC MTS exam.
- For SSC MTS paper 2 candidates are advised to read and write daily.
- Candidates should also note that the SSC MTS sample papers and previous year SSC MTS question papers should be attempted after covering the full SSC MTS syllabus 2021.
- This helps candidates to know about their weak points and work on them.
- It also gives them a real feel of the SSC MTS exam pattern and the type of questions asked in the MTS exam.
SSC MTS Preparation Tip 6 – Time Management
- Candidates should start their SSC Multi Tasking (Non Technical) Staff preparation with a clear slate.
- They should get rid of any preconceived notions about the SSC MTS examination before starting their preparation.
- Candidates focus should be on the final goal i.e. how to clear SSC Multi Tasking (Non Technical) Staff exam and what to do to achieve that goal. Candidates should start their SSC MTS exam preparation well in advance, to cover all the important topics asked in the Multi Tasking (Non Technical) Staff examination.
- Time management is key in every exam so candidates need to learn how to improve their accuracy in less time.
- Different candidates have different ways to optimize their time usage.
SSC MTS Preparation Tip 7 – Stay Healthy
- Candidates preparing for SSC MTS exam need to stay calm and focused to reach their goal. Every candidate preparing for SSC MTS exam has their own way or strategy.
- Candidates should follow the tips and tricks that best suit them rather than copying others SSC MTS candidate preparation methods.
- The short and simple mantra for clearing the SSC MTS 2022 exam is to stay focused and determined throughout the exam.