IRMS Recruitment 2022 Notification
Indian Railways has released a detailed notification for IRMS i.e. Indian Railway Management Services Recruitment 2022 in the Gazette of India. As per the notice, the Indian railways will recruit these vacancies in Group A Category for recruitment through the civil services exam.
|RMS Recruitment 2022|
|Full Form||Indian Railway Management Service Examination|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
Indian Railway Management System
- Indian Railways has implemented a common cadre IRMS.
- Indian Railway Management System by abolishing the existing cadre comprising eight services. Information about this change has been given through gazette notification.
- This cadre has been created by the Ministry of Railways to eliminate departmentalism in the Railways.
- Now only two departments will work in this cadre- Railway Protection Force and 2- Medical Services Department.
- According to the notice, the Government has decided to recruit 150 personnel in the Indian Railway Management Service (IRMS),
- Group ‘A’ through the Civil Services Examination- 2022 Out of which, 06 vacancies have been reserved for the Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD).
- Earlier, a total of 861 vacancies were tentatively announced through CSE 2022 Notice dated 02.02.2022 now stands modified to 1011
- Eligibility conditions etc. for recruitment to the IRMS, Group ‘A’ through the Civil Services Examination- 2022 will be the same as indicated in the Notice of the Civil Services Examination- 2022 published on 02.02.2022. Therefore, those who have already applied for the Civil Services (Prelims) Examination- 2022, are not required to apply afresh.
- On the other side, As per the gazette notification, a total of 5166 fresh vacancies will be recruited in different departments. Candidates can check the detailed information about IRMS Recruitment 2022 below including Notification, Vacancy, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus, and Salary.
IRMS Recruitment 2022: Important Dates
|Notification released||2nd February 2022|
|Online Registration begins||2nd February 2022|
|Last date for applying||22nd February 2021|
|UPSC CSE Prelims 2022 Exam||5 June 2021|
|UPSC CSE Prelims 2022 Result||July 2021 (Tentative)|
|UPSC Exam Date 2022- CSE Mains Exam||16 Sep 2022|
|UPSC CSE Mains 2022 result||December 2022 (Tentative)|
IRMS Recruitment 2022 Vacancy Details
According to the notice, 50% of Vacancies are to be filled through Civil Services Exam while the remaining posts will be filled by the promotion through the selection as specified in Schedule II.
|Grades of Duty Post||Designation @ Railways||Designation @ Railway Board||No. of Vacancies*|
|Apex||—||Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Member, Director General||7|
|HAG+||General Manager||Additional Member||59|
|HAG||Principal Chief Manager||Principal Executive Director||139|
|Senior Grade Administrative||Chief Manager||Executive Director||791|
|Non-Functional Selection Grade (NFSG)||Deputy Chief Manager||Director||2325 (Up to 30%of total posts of Senior Time Scale and above will be in Non Functional Selection Grade)|
|Junior Grade Administrative||Deputy Chief Manager||Not Applicable||–|
|Senior Time Scale||Senior Manager or Divisional Manger||Not Applicable||1395|
|Junior Time Scale||Assistant Manager||Not Applicable||450|
IRMS Recruitment 2022 Eligibility Criteria
It is expected that the board will soon release the eligibility on the official website . On the basis of UPSC Civil Services Exam Eligibility, The IRMS age limit is expected to be between 21 to 30 years. There will be age relaxation as per government norms.
IRMS Recruitment 2022 Salary Structure
|Grades of Duty Post||Level in Pay Matrix (INR)|
|Apex||225000 (level 17)|
|HAG+||205400- 224400 (level 16)|
|HAG||182200- 224100 (level 15)|
|Senior Administrative Grade||144200-218200 (level 14)|
|Non Functional Selection Grade (NFSG)||123100- 215900 (level 13)|
|Junior Administrative Grade||78800- 209200 (level 12)|
|Senior Time Scale||67700- 208700 (level 11)|
|Junior Time Scale||56100- 177500 (level 16)|
IRMS Exam Pattern 2022
It is expected that the IRMS Exams are to be conducted through offline mode. i.e. prelims, Mains and Interview. IRMS Prelims Exam will have two objective papers whereas the Mains exam will tentatively have 2 descriptive papers. There will be 250 MCQ and answers to be filled in OMR Sheet provided. For each wrong answer, there will be a negative marking of ⅓rd mark.
|Papers||No. of Questions||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|Paper 1 (General Studies & Engineering Aptitude)||100||2 hours||200|
|Paper 2 (Engineering Discipline)||150||3 hours||300|
|Total||250||5 hours||600 marks|
IRMS Mains Exam Pattern 2022
IRMS Mains Exam will have two papers from the opted Engineering discipline (Civil Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Electrical/ Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering). There will be 8 questions out of which candidates will have to attempt 5 questions. There will be no negative marking. The language of the exam will be English Only. Candidates can check the exam pattern below.
|Papers||No. of Questions||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|Paper 1 (Engineering Discipline)||5 out of 8 Optional||3 hours||300|
|Paper 2 (Engineering Discipline)||5 out of 8 Optional||3 hours||300|
|Total||10 Questions||6 hours||600 marks|
Those who will be selected in the main exam will be called for an interview round which will be of 200 marks. The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of their Suitability, Mental caliber or Mental alertness, Leadership Qualities, Initiative & Intellectual Curiosity, Mental & Physical energy and Other social traits and interesting current affairs.
Service under IRMS 2022 Recruitment
Below Group A services from UPSC Civil Services and Engineering Services are proposed to be through IRMS.
Civil Services (CSE)
- Indian Railway Accounts Services
- Indian Railway Personnel Services
- Indian Railway Protection Force Services
- Indian Railway Traffic Services
Combined Engineering Services (ESE)
- Indian Railway Service of Engineer
- Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineer
- Indian Railway Services of Mechanical Engineers
- Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineer
- Indian Railway Stores Service which is Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Telecommunication, Electronics Engineering Posts
Probation – Candidates recruited to IRMS will be on probation for a period of two years during which they
will undergo training for 02 years. If the period of training has to be extended in any case due to the training having not been completed satisfactorily the total period of probation will be correspondingly extended. Even if the work during the period of probation in the working is found not to be satisfactory, the total period of probation will be extended as considered.
Training – All the probationers will be required to undergo training for a period of 02 years in accordance
with the prescribed training syllabus for the particular Service/post at such places and in such manner and pass such examination during this period as the Government may determine from time to time.
Termination of appointment
- The appointment of probationers can be terminated by three months’ notice in writing on either side during the period of probation.
- If in the opinion of the Government, the work or conduct of a probationer is unsatisfactory or shows that he is unlikely to become efficient. Government may discharge him forthwith or may revert him to his substantive post, if any.
- Failure to pass the departmental examinations may result in termination of services. Failure to pass the examination in Hindi or an approved standard within the period of probation shall involve liability to termination of services.
- Confirmation – On the satisfactory completion of the period of probation and on passing all the prescribed department and Hindi examinations, the probationer will be confirmed in the Junior Scale of the Service if they are considered fit for appointment in all respects.