NDA (I) 2022
- NDA (I) 2022 Application Form has been released from 22nd December 2021. Exam Date has been announced.
- The exam will be organized on 10th April 2022 for first session. For second session it will be held on 4th September 2022.
- UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is the authority which organizes NDA (National Defense Academy) entrance exam every year.
- It is a national level entrance exam through which various candidates become eligible for selection into training academies of Indian Navy, Indian Military and Air Force. Candidates have to qualify the entrance test followed by SSB interview rounds & medical tests in order to be eligible for entry into NDA.
- Candidates can go through our article to know complete details about NDA 2022 application form, exam dates, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
NDA 2022 Exam Dates
|UPSC Recruitment 2022|
|Organization Name:||Union Public Service Commission|
|Notification No:||3/2022-NDA-I DATED 22.12.2021|
|Job Category:||Central Govt Jobs|
|Employment Type:||Regular Basis|
|Total No of Vacancies:||400 National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (I), 2022 Posts|
|Place of Posting:||Anywhere in India|
Latest UPSC NDA I Vacancy Details:
Name of the Post & No of Vacancies:
|Name of Posts||No. of Posts|
|National Defence Academy – Army||208 (including 10 for female candidates)|
|National Defence Academy – Navy||42 (including 03 for female candidates)|
|National Defence Academy – Air Force||(i) Flying – 92 (including 02 for female candidates)(ii) Ground Duties (Tech) – 18 (including 02 for female candidates)(iii) Ground Duties (Non Tech) – 10 (including 02 for female candidates)|
|Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme)||30 (for male candidates only)|
NDA 2022 Application Form
Check details about NDA 2022 Application form in the below given section:
- The application form will be released on 22nd December 2021 for 1st session and on 18th May 2022 for 2nd session.
- Candidates can apply for both sessions through online mode.
- The board will also provide the facility for withdraw of application within a certain period of time.
- Students are advised to fill the application carefully as no modification in the application will be allowed after submission of form.
- Last date to fill application form will be till 11th January 2022 for 1st session and till 14th June 2022 for 2nd session.
- There will be two parts in registration process – Part I & Part II.
- In Part I, candidates will have to fill basic & other details in registration form.
- In Part II, candidates have to upload their scanned photograph and signature, make choice of exam centre and make payment of application fee.
- After completion of application process, candidates are advised to print the application form and keep it safely for any future reference.
- For all category candidates, the application fee is Rs.100/-.
- Application fee is exempted for ST/ SC/ NCOs/ Sons of JCOs/ ORS category candidates.
- Mode of Fee Payment: Application fee can be submitted through debit card/ credit card/ net banking method or SBI challan method.
Check Here – How to Fill NDA Application Form
NDA 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Know details about NDA Eligibility criteria in the below given section:
- Applying candidate must be Indian citizen/ subject of Nepal/ subject of Bhutan/ refugee of Tibetan who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention to settle permanently in India.
- Candidates who have migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and east African countries of Zambia, Tanzania, Zaire, Ethiopia, Malawi, Uganda or Vietnam with an intention of settlement in India are also eligible.
- Candidates who are foreign nationals (except Gorkhas) will be required to produce certificate of eligibility which is issued by Govt. of India.
Gender, Age & Marital Status:
- Male & female both candidates are eligible to apply for NDA.
- Only male candidates who are unmarried are eligible to apply. Candidates will not be allowed to marry until they complete their training period.
- Applying candidate age should be between 16.5 to 19.5 years. For NDA I, the candidate must be born between 2nd July 2003 to 1st July 2006. For NDA II, the candidate must be born between 2nd January 2004 to 1st January 2007.
- For Air Force & Naval Wings (Cadet entry scheme): Candidates must have passed 10th and 12th level with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- For Army Wing: Candidates must have passed 10th and 12th level from a recognised board or university.
- Appearing: Students appearing for 12th level are also eligible to apply.
- Applying candidates must be physically fit as per the physical standards set by the commission of NDA admissions.
- Candidates who have withdrawn or resigned from any training academies of Armed forces on disciplinary grounds are not eligible.
NDA 2022 Exam Pattern
Check below complete details about NDA Exam pattern & marking scheme:
- Mode of Exam: The paper will be held in offline (pen and paper) mode.
- Number of Sections: In the paper, there will be two sections – Mathematics & General Ability.
- Exam Duration: Candidates will be given 5 hours to complete the paper (2 hours 30 minutes each for Mathematics and GA section).
- Questions type: There will be objective type of questions in the paper.
- Paper Language: The paper will be bilingual – in English as well Hindi language.
- Marking pattern: For each wrong answer, 33% of the marks assigned to the question will be deducted.
Check the distribution of time duration and marks in the below given table:
|Subjects||Code||Maximum marks||Time duration|
|Mathematics||01||300||2 hours 30 minutes|
|General Ability test||02||600||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Total||900 marks||5 hours|
|SSB Interview:||900 marks|
NDA 2022 Syllabus
Candidates can check complete NDA Syllabus through online mode from the website. The Syllabus will contain various topics from Paper I – Mathematics and Paper II – General Ability & English.
Paper I (Code No – 01) – Mathematics:
Matrices & Determinants, Analytical Geometry of two and three Dimensions, Integral calculus and Differential Equations, Algebra, Trigonometry, Statistics and Probability, Differential Calculus, Vector Algebra, etc.
Paper II (Code No – 02) – English & General knowledge:
There will be two parts in Paper II:
Part A: English:
The question paper of English will be designed for testing the students understanding of English and workman like use of words. The syllabus covers various aspects like: Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension and usage and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
Part B: General Knowledge:
The paper of General Knowledge in NDA will cover various topics from the subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Social Studies, General Science, and Geography & Current Events.
NDA 2022 Preparation Tips
Know various preparation tips for NDA exam in the below given section: