SSC CGL Notification 2023 Out:
- The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the SSC CGL Exam for the recruitment of Grade “B” and “C” category posts in various Government Ministries, Departments and Offices.
- The SSC CGL exam is held in 2 stages called Tiers. The entire process of registration and communication happens online through the official website of SSC.
- Candidates must qualify for each stage of the SSC CGL exam to proceed to the next one, before being finally selected.
- SSC CGL 2023 Tier 1 Exam is scheduled from 14th July to 27th July 2023.
- SSC CGL Notification 2023 has been released officially on 03rd April 2023 for filling 7500 vacancies along with complete details.
SSC CGL 2023 Exam
SSC CGL (Combined Graduate Level) is considered to be one of the biggest examinations for graduate students in India. The SSC CGL exam is conducted every year to recruit various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in its Subordinate Offices. SSC CGL 2023 will be a great opportunity for students looking forward to a position in a reputed organization under the central government. While a government job helps to build a stable career, it is also loaded with responsibilities.
SSC CGL 2023
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for recruitment to various subordinate services like:
- Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate office of the Govt. of India
- Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs
- Inspectors of Income Tax
- Preventive Officers in Customs
- Examiner in Customs
- Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI
- Assistant Enforcement Officer in the Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue
- Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India
- Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant
- Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
- Compiler in Registrar General of India
- Research Assistant
- Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant
SSC CGL Notification 2023 Out
The Official SSC CGL 2023 Notification has been released by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) of India to recruit approximately 7500 vacancies in different departments of Govt. of India. On 03rd April 2023, the official SSC CGL Notification 2023 PDF has been released at www.ssc.nic.in with complete details about the exam. The candidates can go through the SSC CGL 2023 notification pdf by clicking the below link.
SSC CGL 2023 Exam Summary
Staff Selection Commission conducts a Combined Graduate Level Exam every year for various subordinate services. For FY 2023-24, SSC CGL Notification 2023 has been released along with all important details about the exam. Check further details below table-
|SSC CGL Notification 2023– Overview|
|Exam Name||SSC CGL 2023|
|SSC CGL Full Form||Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Registration Dates||03rd April to 03rd May 2023|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Eligibility||Indian citizenship & Graduate (bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline)|
|Selection Process||Tier 1 (Qualifying)Tier 2|
SSC CGL 2023 Exam Date Out
SSC CGL Exam Date 2023 has been announced along with SSC Calendar 2023. SSC CGL 2023 Tier 1 Exam is scheduled from 14th July to 27th July 2023. As per the official calendar, the online registration process has been started from 03rd April 2023 onwards. Check complete schedule for SSC CGL 2023 Exam below.
|SSC CGL 2023 Important Dates|
|SSC CGL 2023 Notification Release Date||03rd April 2023|
|SSC CGL Apply Online 2023 Start Date||03rd April 2023|
|Last Date to Apply Online||03rd May 2023 (11 pm)|
|Last date and time for generation of offline Challan||04th May 2023 (11 pm)|
|Last date for the generation of offline Challan||04th May 2023 (11 pm)|
|Last date for payment through Challan||05th May 2023|
|The window for Application Form Correction||07th to 08th May 2023|
|SSC CGL Exam Date 2023 (Tier-I)||14th July to 27th July 2023|
SSC CGL Recruitment 2023
Staff Selection Commission has been one of the most desirable organizations for Government exams in India. It conducts a Combined Graduate Level – SSC CGL exam every year for recruitment to non-technical Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ non-gazetted posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India.
SSC CGL Vacancy 2023
The tentative SSC CGL Vacancy 2023 exam has been released along with SSC CGL Notification 2023 on www.ssc.nic.in. Approximately 7500 vacancies are to be filled this year for Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer, Junior Statistical Officer (JSO), Statistical Investigator Grade-II, and Research Assistant in National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) posts. Candidates can check SSC CGL Vacancy Comparision Year-wise by looking into the vacancy details of SSC CGL.
|SSC CGL Vacancy|
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2023||to be notified||to be notified||to be notified||to be notified||to be notified||7500|
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2022||15982||5776||2995||8719||3937||37,409|
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2021||3008||1192||704||1832||885||7621|
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2020||2891||1046||510||1858||730||7035|
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2019-20||3577||1215||674||2116||846||8428|
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2018-19||5770||1723||845||2933||–||11271|
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2017||4238||1318||653||1916||–||9276|
SSC CGL 2023 Online Form
The registration dates for the SSC CGL recruitment 2023 exam have already been released by the SSC along with SSC Calendar 2023-24. The online application process for SSC CGL 2023 exam has been started with the release of the SSC CGL Notification on 03rd April 2023. All aspirants can register themself for CGL 2023 exam by clicking on the link given below before 03rd May 2023.
SSC CGL 2023 Application Fee
• The required application fee is Rs. 100/-
• Exemption: No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates.
• Applications fee should be paid only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online.
• To pay a fee in cash, the candidate should take the printout of challan generated online after the completion of Part-1 registration. Deposit the requisite fee in any branch of SBI and then continue with the Part-2 registration.
• Those candidates who want to pay online can go directly to part-2 registration after completion of part-1 registration. Candidate must supply registration number and date of birth to continue to Part-2 registration.
SSC CGL 2023 Eligibility Criteria
There are some important criteria that a candidate must fulfil to be eligible for the SSC CGL 2023. The parameters are given below:
SSC CGL Age Limit (as on 01/08/2023)
There are different sets of age limits for different posts in the SSC CGL Exam 2023, which are tabulated below:
|Name of post||Age group|
|Accountant / Junior Accountant|
|Senior Secretariat Assistant / Upper Division clerks|
|Upper Division Clerk (UDC)|
|Inspector Posts||18-30 years|
|Tax Assistant||20-27 years|
|Assistant Section officer||20-30 years|
|Assistant Section officer|
|Assistant Section officer|
|Assistant Section officer|
|Inspector, (Central Excise)||Not Exceeding 30 years|
|Inspector (Preventive officer)|
|Assistant Audit Officer|
|Assistant Audit Officer|
|Assistant Section Officer|
|Assistant Section Officer|
|Assistant / Superintendent|
|Inspector of Income Tax|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer||Up to 30 years|
|Junior Statistical Officer||Up to 32 years|
SSC CGL Educational Qualification (01/08/2023)
The educational qualifications vary according to the post for SSC CGL 2023 and is listed below:
|SSC CGL Post||Educational Qualification|
|Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer||Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University. |
Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost &
Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/
Masters in Business Studies
|Junior Statistical Officer (JSO)||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with minimum 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th |
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as one of the subjects in graduation
|Statistical Investigator Grade-II||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective Subject|
|Research Assistant in National Human Rights Commission (NHRC)||Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute.|
Desirable: Minimum one-year research experience in any recognized university or recognized Research Institution;
|All Other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent|
SSC CGL 2023 Selection Process [Revised]
SSC CGL 2023 Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
1.1 Tier-I: Computer-Based Examination (Qualifying in nature)
1.2 Tier-II: Paper I (Compulsory for all posts), Paper II for candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and Paper III for candidates who apply for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
• All candidates who have applied successfully for SSC CGL exam, will be assigned Roll numbers and Admit Card for appearing in the Computer Based Examination (Tier-I).
• Based on the marks scored in Tier-I, candidates will be shortlisted, category-wise, to appear in Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations.
• Separate cut-offs will be released separately for Paper-II of Tier-II (i.e. for the post of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO), Paper-III of Tier-II (i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer and Assistant Accounts Officer) and for Paper-I of Tier-II (i.e. for all other posts).
• Tier-II Examinations will be conducted for all the candidates qualified in Tier-I.
• In Tier-II, all the candidates will be required to appear in Paper-I, II and Paper-III. However, only specific candidates shortlisted for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) and Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer will be required to appear in Paper-II and Paper-III respectively.
SSC CGL 2023 Exam Pattern (Revised)
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has revised the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam pattern along with SSC CGL Notification 2023. The Examination will be conducted in 2 tiers as indicated below:
|Tier – I (Qualifying)||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based (online)|
|Tier – II (Paper I, II, III)||Paper I (Compulsory for all posts), |
Paper II for candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and
Paper III for candidates who apply for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
Objective Type, Multiple choice questions, except for Module-II of Section-III of Paper-I
Before beginning the SSC CGL preparation, it is important to make note of changes in the exam pattern and syllabus. The modifications to SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2023 for Tier 1 & 2 are given below:
SSC CGL 2023 Syllabus
The major sections asked in SSC CGL Preliminary Exam are General Awareness, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language. The syllabus overview of the SSC CGL Tier-1 exam is given below.
|SSC CGL 2023 Syllabus|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||General Awareness/ GK||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Classification||Static General Knowledge |
(Indian History, Culture etc.)
|Analogy||Science||Interest||Fill in the Blanks|
|Series||Indian Geography||Mensuration||Cloze Test|
|Non-Verbal||Current CM & Governors||DI||Synonyms & Antonyms|
|Word Formation||Sports||Percentage||Idioms & Phrases|
|Matrix||Books and Authors||Ratio and Proportion||One word Substitution|
|Important Schemes||Problem on Ages||Sentence Correction|
SSC CGL Previous Year Question Paper
Prepare for the SSC CGL 2023 exam by reviewing previous years’ question papers. Here, we are providing you with SSC CGL Previous Year Papers with solutions that will help you to prepare for the upcoming SSC CGL Exam.
SSC CGL 2023 Salary
SSC CGL provides a wonderful opportunity for candidates who are looking forward to Group B & Group C posts in the government sector. SSC offers attractive salaries and perks to the candidates to apply for SSC CGL posts. The salary differs post-wise and to know the complete detail about SSC CGL Salary, click on the link below.
SSC CGL 2023 Admit Card
The admit card for each stage will be released followed by the release of the application status. SSC CGL Admit Cards are released on the respective regional website for which the candidate has applied for. The candidates can download their SSC CGL Hall Ticket using their registration number and password generated at the time of the registration process.
SSC CGL 2023 Result
Staff Selection Commission releases results for each stage on the official website www.ssc.nic.in. This year, there will be 2 tier selection process and Tier 1 would be qualifying in nature. SSC CGL Tier 1 Result will be released announcing the names & roll numbers of the candidates qualifying to appear for the Tier 2 Exam. The final result will be prepared based on marks scored by the candidates in the SSC CGL 2023 Tier 2 Exam only.
SSC CGL 2023 Cut Off
SSC releases category-wise and post-wise cut-off marks along with the result announcement of each stage. The cut-off is prepared on the basis of difficulty level, the number of vacancies, and previous year trends. Have a look at the previous year’s SSC CGL Cut Off to have an idea.
|SSC CGL Tier-1 Cut Off 2021-22|
|Category||Finance & Accounts, AAO||Statistics & JSO||Statistics & Statistical Investigator Gr. II||All Other Posts|