SSC CHSL 2022 Notification Out:
SSC CHSL (10+2) exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission to select Higher Secondary qualified students into various departments and offices of the Indian government.
Every year thousands of vacancies are filled by SSC in Government departments through SSC CHSL Exam and lakhs of candidates apply for this exam.
|Article||SSC CHSL Recruitment 2022|
|Authority||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Advt No||Update Soon|
|Post Name||LDC, DEO etc|
|Total Post||Update Soon|
|Start Online Application||01.02.2022|
SSC CHSL EXAM 2022
The SSC CHSL will be conducted for the recruitment of eligible candidates in different government departments, offices and ministries for different posts like :
- Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC),
- Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA),
- Postal Assistants(PA), Sorting Assistants(SA),
- Data Entry Operator (DEO),
- Data Entry Operator Grade A across ministries and government offices.
SSC CHSL 2022 Notification Out
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the Official Notification for SSC CHSL 2022 exam for the post of Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant (PA/SA) and Data Entry Operator(DEO) on 01st February 2022. The Official Recruitment Notification has been released in PDF format, so all candidates are advised to click on the link given below to download Official Notification SSC CHSL 2022 Recruitment.
SSC CHSL 2022: Important Dates
- The tentative exam schedule for the SSC CHSL 2022 exam has been published by SSC along with its Official SSC Exam Calendar 2022.
- The SSC CHSL Tier-1 computer-based online exam is to be conducted in May 2022.
- Please note down the important dates related to SSC CHSL 2022 Exam:
|SSC CHSL 2022 Notification||01st February 2022|
|SSC CHSL Registration Process||01st February 2022|
|Last Date to Apply for SSC CHSL 2022||07th March 2022|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Admit Card||April/May 2022|
|SSC CHSL Exam Date 2022 (Tier-1)||May 2022|
|SSC CHSL Provisional Answer Key||—|
|SSC CHSL Result for Tier-1||—|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Final Answer Key||—|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Marks||—|
|SSC CHSL Tier-2 Admit Card 2022||—|
|SSC CHSL Exam Date 2022 (Tier-2)||—|
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2022
- SSC CHSL (10+2) exam includes Lower Division Clerk, Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant, Sorting Assistant, and Data Entry Operator posts.
- SSC will select and recommend candidates for Assistants / Clerks posts through a computer-based test, descriptive paper, and skill test, or typing test.
- The SSC CHSL exam is held in 3 stages called (Tiers). While the first one is online the latter two are offline exams.
- The entire process of registration and communication happens online through the official website of SSC CHSL.
- Candidates must qualify for each stage of the SSC CHSL exam to proceed to the next one, before being finally selected.
- SSC has released the SSC Calendar 2022 for all SSC exams.
SSC CHSL 2022 Online Application
The online application process for SSC CHSL 2022 exam has begun from 01st February 2022 along with the release of its notification.
The last date to apply online SSC CHSL 2022 Exam is 07th March 2022. For more details about SSC CHSL Apply Online, click on the below link.
SSC CHSL 2022 Application Fee
- The required application fee for SSC CHSL 2022 is Rs. 100/–
- Exemption: No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates.
- Applications fee should be paid only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. The Challan form will be generated online.
- To pay a fee in cash, the candidate should take a printout of challan generated online after the completion of Part-1 registration. Deposit the requisite fee in any branch of SBI and then continue with the Part-2 registration.
- Those candidates who want to pay online can go directly to part-2 registration after completion of part-1 registration. Candidate must supply registration number and date of birth to continue to Part-2 registration.
SSC CHSL 2022 Vacancy
The total number of vacancies for the SSC CHSL 2022 exam has not been released yet.
SSC will release a notice regarding SSC CHSL 2022 vacancy soon. Last Year, SSC had introduced 4893 vacancies. The Post wise vacancy are mentioned below:
SSC CHSL Last Year Vacancy (2019-20)
|LDC/ JSA||1269 Vacancies|
|PA/ SA||3598 Vacancies|
SSC CHSL Last Year Vacancy (2018-19)
|LDC/ JSA||1865 Vacancies|
|PA/ SA||3730 Vacancies|
SSC CHSL 2022 Eligibility Criteria
There are 3 important criteria that a candidate must fulfil in order to be eligible for the SSC CHSL 2022. The 3 parameters are given below:
A candidate must be either:
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
2. Age Limit (as on 01/01/2022):
The age limit for the posts is 18-27 years as of 01-01-2022 (i.e. Candidates born not before 01-01-1995 and not later than 01-01-2004). Permissible relaxation in the upper age limit for different categories are as below:
|Code No.||Category||Permissible age relaxation beyond the upper age limit|
|01||SC/ ST||5 years|
|03||Persons with Disabilities (PwD-Unreserved)||10 years|
|04||PwD + OBC||13 years|
|05||PwD + SC/ ST||15 years|
|06||Ex-Servicemen||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
|07||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.||5 years|
|08||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.||3 years|
|09||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST).||8 years|
|10||Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications.||Up to 40 years of age|
|11||Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications (SC/ ST).||Up to 45 years of age|
|12||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||Up to 35 years of age|
|13||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST).||Up to 40 years of age|
3. Educational Qualification (as on 07/03/2022):
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): The candidates who are planning to appear in CHSL 2022 exam must have passed the 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
SSC CHSL 2022 Exam Pattern
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) start conducting the Combined Higher Secondary Level(CHSL) in three levels for various posts:
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier – III||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
Before beginning the SSC CHSL preparation, it is important to make note of changes in exam pattern and syllabus. The modifications to SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2022 are given below:
• SSC CHSL 2022 Tier 1 exam will be conducted in online mode.
• Introduction of a descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
• Reduction in the time limit for examination of Tier -I from 75 minutes to 60 minutes.
• Tier III will remain the same.
• No Sectional Cut off.
SSC CHSL 2022 Syllabus
Since the SSC CHSL is comprised of 3 different levels, we must deal with their syllabus independently.
This is an objective exam that will be conducted online.
There are 4 sections in the Tier 1 exam of SSC CHSL 2022, with 100 questions that account for a total of 200 marks.
The subject-wise details are given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence||25||50||60 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
|4||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Syllabus
Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One-word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal types. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ pattern folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
Fundamental arithmetical operations:
Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin2 𝜃 + Cos2 𝜃=1 etc.,
Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
- Questions are designed to test the candidate‟s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society.
- Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research
• There is negative marking in SSC CHSL 2022 Tier 1 Exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections
• The exam duration is 75 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Syllabus
- This is a descriptive exam that is designed to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi.
- The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/Application writing of approximately 150-200 words.
- The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent.
- The performance in Tier-II would be included for preparing merit.
- The best way to prepare for the same is to read lots of articles from various newspapers.
- Apart from this, you need to be well aware of the pattern of Letters and Applications.
SSC CHSL 2022 Salary (Pay Scale)
The salary structure for different posts under the SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level exam is given below:
|Post Name||Pay Scale|
|LDC/ JSA||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs.1900 (pre-revised)|
|PA/ SA||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO Grade ‘A’||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
SSC CHSL Salary after 7th pay commission
SSC has modified the SSC CHSL Salary Structure for all the Posts after the 7th Pay Commission. SSC CHSL Salary structure after the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission is given below:
|Post Name||Basic Pay||HRA||TA||Gross Salary||In Hand||City|
SSC CHSL 2022 Admit Card
Every candidate who registers for SSC CHSL Exam 2022 within the stipulated time will be assigned an e-admit card/hall ticket/call letter that can be downloaded from the official website of SSC. The admit card for the CHSL Tier-1 exam will be released first followed by the admit card of the CHSL Tier-2 exam (administered to only those candidates who qualify for the Tier 1 exam).
More information and the download link for the admit card will be displayed post the release of the official notification for SSC CHSL 2022. Candidates are advised to keep checking this page for updates.
SSC CHSL 2022 Result
SSC CHSL Result will be declared after the examination for different Tiers of SSC CHSL 2022 exam has been conducted. All candidates can check their SSC CHSL Result & Marks by clicking on the link mentioned below:
SSC CHSL 2022 Cut Off
To get an insight into SSC CHSL 2022 Cut-Off, we must have an idea about previous years cut-off. Have a look at the cut-off for SSC CHSL Tier I Exam 2021:
SSC CHSL 2021 Tier- 1 Cut-Off:
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Cut Off 2021|
|Category||Cut off Marks|
|PwD – Other||51.12050|