SSC JE Exam Pattern 2023
SSC JE 2022 is conducted in two papers i.e. paper 1 and paper 2. Paper 1 is an objective paper while Paper 2 is a descriptive paper. Given below is the detailed exam pattern for paper 1 and paper 2.
SSC JE Exam Pattern : Paper 1
- Paper 1 is a computer-based test (CBT) having multiple-choice questions OR objective type Questions.
- It consists of 3 sections namely
1.General Intelligence and Reasoning,
3.General Engineering ( Civil / Mechanical / Electrical )
|Papers||Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum marks||Exam duration|
|Paper 1 – Objective type||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50 MCQs||50 marks||Cumulative duration of 2 hours(2 hours and 40 minutes for those aspirants, who need a scribe)|
|General Awareness||50 MCQs||50 marks|
|General Engineering –Part A – Civil & Structural)/Part B (Electrical)/Part C (Mechanical)||100 MCQs||100 marks|
|Total||3 Subjects||200 MCQs||200 Marks||120 minutes(160 minutes for those aspirants, who need a scribe)|
Note : There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks per wrong answer.
SSC JE Exam Pattern : Paper 2
- Paper 2 is a descriptive paper conducted in pen and paper mode.
- Candidates have to attempt a question paper of 300 marks in 2 hours.
- Paper 2 is a conventional type exam, candidates have to choose the subject from Part A- Civil & Structural Engineering, Part B- Electrical Engineering or Part C- Mechanical Engineering.
- Candidates are allowed to bring their own Slide–Rule, Calculator, Logarithm Table and Steam Table for Paper-2.
- There is no negative marking applicable in Paper-2.
|Paper||Subjects||Maximum marks||Exam duration & time|
|Paper 2 – Descriptive Type||Part A – General Engineering(Civil and Structural) OR|
Part B – General Engineering(Electrical) OR
Part C – General Engineering(Mechanical)
|300 marks||2 hours|
SSC JE Syllabus 2023
SSC JE Syllabus and SSC JE Exam Pattern includes topics from General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness and Technical topics of candidates’ respective specialization in Paper 1.
While in Paper 2, candidates have to solve the problems based on the topics from Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical engineering as chosen by the candidates. Given below are the key points of the SSC JE Syllabus
SSC JE Paper 1 Syllabus : SSC JE Exam pattern
The SSC JE Paper 1 includes three sections such as General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness and General Engineering. Here are the detailed syllabus of each section.
SSC JE General Intelligence and Reasoning Syllabus
This section in Paper 1 of SSC JE comprises 50 questions. The major topics are:
|Arithmetical computations||Decision making|
|Arithmetical reasoning||Verbal and figure classification|
|Arithmetical number series||Visual memory|
|Observation||Abstract ideas, symbols, and their relationships|
SSC JE General Awareness Syllabus
This section also includes 50 MCQs. The questions test candidate’s knowledge of current events relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, and Scientific Research, etc.
SSC JE General Engineering Syllabus
This section in Paper 1 consists of 100 objections based on the stream opted by the candidate amongst Civil/ Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
- Part A – Civil Engineering Syllabus:Building Materials, Estimating, Costing and Valuation, Surveying, Soil Mechanics, Hydraulics, Irrigation Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering.
- Structural Engineering: Theory of Structures, Concrete Technology, RCC Design, Steel Design.
- Part B – Electrical Engineering Syllabus: Basic concepts, Circuit law, Magnetic Circuit, AC Fundamentals, Measurement and Measuring instruments, Electrical Machines, Fractional Kilowatt Motors, and single-phase induction Motors, Synchronous Machines, Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Estimation and Costing, Utilization and Electrical Energy, Basic Electronics.
- Part C Mechanical Engineering Syllabus: Theory of Machines and Machine Design, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials, Properties of Pure Substances, 1st Law of Thermodynamics, 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, Air standard Cycles for IC Engines, IC Engine Performance, IC Engines Combustion, IC Engine Cooling & Lubrication, Rankine cycle of System, Boilers, Classification, Specification, Fitting & Accessories, Air Compressors & their cycles, Refrigeration cycles, Principle of Refrigeration Plant, Nozzles & Steam Turbines. Properties & Classification of Fluids, Fluid Statics, Measurement of Fluid Pressure, Fluid kinematics, Dynamics of Ideal fluids, Measurement of Flow rate, basic principles, Hydraulic Turbines, Centrifugal Pumps, Classification of steel.
SSC JE Paper 2 Syllabus
There are three parts in Paper 2 – Part A (Civil Engineering), Part B (Electrical Engineering) and Part C (Mechanical Engineering). Candidates have to indicate their choice of specialization in the application form.
SSC JE Mechanical Engineering Syllabus
Candidates can check all the topics of Mechanical Engineering in the table given below:
|Theory of Machines and Machine Design||Fitting & Accessories|
|Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials||Air Compressors & their cycles|
|Properties of Pure Substances||Refrigeration cycles|
|1st Law of Thermodynamics||The principle of the Refrigeration Plant|
|2nd Law of Thermodynamics||Nozzles & Steam Turbines|
|IC Engines Combustion||Properties & Classification of Fluids|
|Air standard Cycles for IC Engines||Fluid Statics, Measurement of Fluid Pressure|
|IC Engine Performance||Fluid kinematics|
|IC Engine Cooling & Lubrication||Dynamics of Ideal fluids|
|Rankine cycle of System||Measurement of Flow Rate|
|Classification of steels||–|
SSC JE Electrical Engineering Syllabus : SSC JE Exam Pattern
These are the topics that must be prepared for Electrical Engineering Paper:
|Basic concepts||Synchronous Machines|
|Magnetic Circuit||Transmission and Distribution|
|AC Fundamentals||Estimation and Costing|
|Measurement and Measuring Instruments||Utilization and Electrical Energy|
|Electrical Machines||Basic Electronics|
|Fractional Kilowatt Motors||Single-phase Induction Motors|
SSC JE Civil Engineering Syllabus
All the questions of Civil and Structural Engineering will be asked from the topics mentioned in the table below:
|Estimating, Costing, and Valuation||Irrigation Engineering|
|Soil Mechanics||Environmental Engineering|
|Theory of Structures||Concrete Technology|
|RCC Design||Steel Des|
SSC JE Instructions :
To complete the entire syllabus accordingly, candidates should have a compact list of SSC JE 2022 Preparation books and then start preparing for the exam.
SSC JE 2023 Important Instructions
The important instructions are given below for SSC JE 2022 candidates:
- Candidate should reach the SSC JE exam centre 1 hour prior to the commencement of the exam
- Candidates must not forget to carry SSC JE Admit Card on the day of the exam, it is required to enter the examination hall.
- No electronic item is allowed in the examination hall ex : Watch , Calculater
- No extra rough sheet is allowed in the examination hall. Margin will be given to do rough work in the test booklet.
- Do not open the test booklet until and unless you are permitted to.
- Fill the required details in the answer sheet. The result may not be evaluated if the details are not entered correctly.
- The answer should be marked properly by darkening the circle in the OMR sheet.
- Candidates should carefully listen to the instructions given by the invigilator.
- Failure to follow instructions written in the examination will lead to disqualification.