TNPSC Group 4
The top officials at the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) will release the TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment 2022 exam notification.
The TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment 2022 will be held for eight posts namely:
- Bill Collector,
- Field Surveyor,
- Junior Assistant (Non – Security) Typist,
- Junior Assistant (Security),
- Village Administrative Officer,
Applicants should check the TNPSC Group 4 eligibility criteria and apply online when the application window will be opened.
what are the jobs in tnpsc group 4 ?
TNPSC Group 4 Vacancy 2022
- A total of 6000+ vacancies were released in TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment for the previous year.
- However, the TNPSC Group 4 Vacancy 2022 details are yet to be finalized.
- Applicants applying for the same should make sure to have all the necessary documents in order to apply for the Tamil Nadu PSC Group 4 Exam 2022.
- Go through the detailed information below regarding the TNPSC Group 4 Vacancy information of the previous year:
|Post Name||Previous Year||Expected 2022|
|Vacancy Openings||Vacancy Openings|
|Village Administrative Officer||397||To be announced|
|Junior Assistant (Non-security)||2688||To be announced|
|Junior Assistant (Security)||104||To be announced|
|Bill Collector (Grade-I)||34||To be announced|
|Typist||1901||To be announced|
|Steno-Typist (Grade-III)||784||To be announced|
|Field Surveyor||509||To be announced|
|Draftsman||74||To be announced|
|TOTAL||6491||To be announced|
TNPSC Group 4 Apply Online 2022
Candidates looking forward to appearing for the Tamil Nadu PSC Group 4 Exam 2022, will first have to apply for the same online. The TNPSC Group 4 Registration will be valid for 5 years. Given below are the steps to TNPSC Group 4 apply online process:
Step 1: Visit the TNPSC online commission website @ www.tnpsc.gov.in
Step 2: Select the group as Group 4 and your target post’s exam.
Step 3: Fill in the application form correctly with all the required documents scanned clearly. If you are facing any trouble while uploading a photo/signature/thumb impression, use the photo resizing tool.
Step 4: Now you will be taken to online payment where you have to submit the TNPSC Group 4 application fee 2022.
Step 5: Once the payment is processed, you will get your TNPSC Group 4 application number and enrolment number.
TNPSC Group 4 Application Fee 2022
- The applicants have to pay a set amount of TNPSC Group application fee 2022 to complete the process of TNPSC Group 4 online submission of the form other than the INR 150.
- It is only after fees payment that candidates will be provided with each and individual Registration ID. There are some concessions in the application given to some communities.
- The One-Time Registration will be valid for 5 years from the day it is registered. Following that, the registration must be renewed by paying the necessary cost.
The application fee for TNPSC Group 4 is detailed below.
|Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes||Nil|
|Differently abled persons and destitute widows of all communities||Nil|
|MBC, Backward Classes||Nil|
|Ex-servicemen||No examination fee for two chances|
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Fee 2022
- Along with the application fee, candidates have to pay TNPSC Group 4 Exam Fee 2022 also, The TNPSC Group 4 Exam Fee 2022 should be paid while submitting the application form.
- Applicants who are not eligible for fee concession will have to pay the Rs.100/- as the TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment 2022 exam fee.
TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment 2022 Selection Process (Expected)
All the posts that are included in TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment 2022 follow a similar selection process. The selection of candidates in the Group 4 of the Tamil Nadu PSC is made in two stages. These are detailed below:
TNPSC Group 4 Written Test:
- The first stage of the TNPSC Group 4 Selection process 2022 is a written test.
- A TNPSC Group 4 written examination, which is divided into three sections, is taken to test the ability and aptitude of the applicants.
- The candidates who score the cut-off marks in the written test move on to the second stage.
Document verification and Counseling:
- The candidates who qualify for the TNPSC Group 4 written examination 2022 are called for the next stage, which is counseling, where candidates are tested based on their personality and aptitude.
- If satisfactory, they are then posted at their desired department per the number of vacancies available after their document verification.
TNPSC Group 4 Eligibility Criteria 2022 (Expected)
The TNPSC Group 4 notification 2022 is yet to be released. However, candidates looking to know about the TNPSC Group 4 Eligibility Criteria 2022 can check out the below section to have an idea about the same. The eligibility criteria for all the posts of the TNPSC group 4 Exam are specific for different posts. The TNPSC Group 4 Eligibility Criteria are set in the following categories:
TNPSC Group 4 Age Requirement
- For the post of Village Administrative Officer, the minimum age required is 21, and the maximum is 30 years.
- For communities such as SC, ST, OBC, MVC, etc., and 40 years for other communities.
- For the rest of the posts, the minimum requirement of age is 18 years old and the maximum age should be no greater than 30 years.
TNPSC Group 4 Educational Qualification
The authorities will release the TNPSC Group 4 Eligibility Criteria 2022 soon with the TNPSC Group 4 Notification. Applicants should fulfill the TNPSC Group 4 Educational Qualification requirements. Go through the TNPSC Group 4 education qualification details given below.
|Village Administrative Officer||Must have a minimum general education qualification, i.e. Must have completed the S.S.L.C. Public Examination or its equivalent to be eligible for this position. Entrance to Post-Secondary Courses of Study (or) to University Courses of Study.|
|JUNIOR ASSISTANT (Non – Security), JUNIOR ASSISTANT (Security), BILL COLLECTOR, GRADE-I, FIELD SURVEYOR * DRAFTSMAN||Must have a minimum general educational qualification, i.e., must have passed the S.S.L.C. Public Examination or its equivalent and be eligible for admission to Higher Secondary Courses of Study or College Courses of Study.|
|TYPIST||Must have a minimum general educational qualification, i.e., must have passed the S.S.L.C. Public Examination or its equivalent and be eligible for admission to Higher Secondary Courses of Study or College Courses of Study. Applicant must have passed government technical exams of typewriting like- i) by Higher / Senior Grade in Tamil and English (or) ii) by Higher / Senior Grade in Tamil and Lower/ Junior Grade in English (or) iii) by Higher / Senior Grade in English and Lower/ Junior Grade in Tamil.|
|STENO-TYPIST||Must have a minimum general educational qualification, i.e., must have passed the S.S.L.C. Public Examination or its equivalent and be eligible for admission to Higher Secondary Courses of Study or College Courses of Study. Must have passed both the Typewriting and Shorthand portions of the Government Technical Examination: I0 by Higher / Senior Level in Tamil and English (or) ii) in Tamil by Higher/Senior Grade and English by Lower/Junior Grade (or) iii) with a Higher/Senior Grade in English and a Lower/Junior Grade in Tamil.|
- Educational Qualifications: For most of the posts, the minimum educational qualification required is that a candidate must have cleared the S.S.L.C State examination or its equivalent from a Higher Secondary School. However, for the recruitment to the post of Typist and Steno-Typist, a candidate must have passed the Government Technical Examination for Typewriting.
- Knowledge in Tamil: Aspiring candidates should possess adequate knowledge in Tamil while applying for the Group 4 posts.
- Physical Fitness: Once the candidates qualify in the written examination, they are called for document verification round. Selected candidates must produce certificates for vision and physical fitness prescribed as per the posts of Group 4 Recruitment.
The candidate must be an Indian citizen, according to the TNPSC Group 4 Eligibility Criteria 2022 for nationality.
TNPSC Group 4 syllabus in Tamil and English 2022
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2022 (Expected)
As the minimum qualification required for most of the posts that come under Combined Civil Services Exam 4 is an SSLC Public Exam, therefore the syllabus is set to that level. Candidates can refer to the below section to know the TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus in detail.
As such, the TNPSC Group 4 syllabus covers General Awareness regarding the state of Tamil Nadu and our country. Along with this, questions based on mental ability are also included. The last part of the syllabus covers knowledge of the language. The applicants have to choose between General English and General Tamil. The syllabus covers various famous works of esteemed artists of English and Tamil languages. The TNPSC Group 4 Question Paper will consist of topics from-
Unit I: General Science
- Physics: Nature of Universe, Mechanics, and properties of matter, physical quantities, standards and units, Force, motion and energy, Heat, Light and Sound, Electricity, Magnetism, and Electronics.
- Chemistry: Elements and Compounds, Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides, Acids, bases, and salts
- Botany: Classification of living organisms, Nutrition
- Zoology: Blood and blood circulation, Animals, plants and human life, Reproductive system
- Ecology: Health and hygiene, Human diseases, prevention and remedies
Unit II: Current Events
- History: The latest diary of national events, National symbols, a profile of States, awards & honors, India and its neighbors, eminent persons & places in news, sports & games, books & authors.
- Political Science: Public awareness & General administration, welfare-oriented govt. schemes, their utility, public elections, political parties, and the political system in India.
- Geography: Geographical landmarks
- Economics: Current socio-economic problems
Unit III: Geography
- Earth and Universe, Monsoon, weather & climate, Water resources, Rivers in India, Soil, minerals & natural resources, Forest & wildlife, Social geography, population, density and distribution, Agricultural pattern, Transport including surface transport & communication, Natural calamities, Disaster Management.
Unit IV: History and Culture of India and Tamil Nadu
- Indus valley civilization, the Golden Age of Guptas, Mughals and Marathas, Age of Vijayanagaram,
- South Indian history, India since independence, Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in Tamil Nadu, Political parties and populist schemes, Characteristics of Indian culture, Unity in diversity, and India as a secular state. Culture and Heritage of Tamil people.
Unit V: Indian Politics
- Constitution of India and its salient features, the Union, States and territories, Fundamental Rights, Fundamental duties, Human rights.
- The legislature of India: Union legislature, Parliament, State Executive, State Legislature, assembly, Local government, Panchayat Raj
- Judiciary in India: The process of law, Elections, Corruption in public life, Anti-corruption measures, Right to information, Empowerment of women, Consumer protection forms, CVC, Lok adalats, Ombudsman, CAG
Unit VI: Indian Economy
- Nature of Indian economy, Five-year plan models, Land reforms & agriculture, Application of science in agriculture, Social sector problems. Economic trends in Tamil Nadu, industrial growth, Rural welfare-oriented programmers, population, education, health, employment, poverty.
Unit VII: Indian National Movement
- National Renaissance, the emergence of national leaders, M. Gandhi, J. Nehru, R.N. Tagore, Role of Tamil Nadu in the freedom struggle
Unit VII: Mental Ability and Aptitude
- Mental Ability and Aptitude: To test the decision-making and problem-solving skills of the aspirants, 25 questions of the paper are based on Mental Ability and Aptitude. The syllabus includes:
- Analysis and interpretation of data given in the forms of graphs and diagrams
- Percentage, HCF, LCM, Time and Work, Ratio and Proportion.
- Calculation of compound and simple interest.
- Area and Volume of figures
- Logical, Alpha-Numeric, and Visual Reasoning
Unit VIII: General English
- General English: There are 100 questions in the paper that are based on English or Tamil, as per the choice of the applicant. The objective is to test the basic language skills of the candidate. The syllabus for General English is given below.
- Grammar: Vocabulary, prefix suffix, articles, prepositions, tenses, active and passive voice, infinitives, gerunds and participles, homophones, parts of speech, sentences, degree, compound words.
- Figures of speech
- Questions based on the biography of famous personalities. Questions based on apprehension of Shakespeare’s Merchant of Venice, Sonnet 116, and Julius Caesar, Paulnack’s Music- The Hope Raiser as well as Oscar Wilde’s The Model Millionaire and The Selfish Giant.
- Comprehension questions based on motivational essays by authors Ruskin Bond, APJ Abdul Kalam, Gopala Krishna Gokhale, Hope Spencer, Brian Patten, Deepa Agarwal, and Dale Carnegie.
- Nationality of poems, poets, and stories. Folk Arts of India, Life of poets, authors, and dramatists. Quotes by famous personalities and characters of various works.
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern 2022 (Expected)
The written examination paper of the TNPSC Group 4 exam 2022 is divided into 3 sections. The first section is for general studies and second for aptitude and mental ability, and the third is proficiency in General English/ Tamil. The TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment 2022 exam pattern is as follows:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks for all communities||Exam Duration|
|General Studies||75||300||90||3 Hours|
|General Tamil/ General English||100|
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Date 2022 (Expected)
The TNPSC Group 4 Exam Date 2022 is yet to be finalized and disclosed by the Tamil Nadu PSC. Have a look at the table below to know about the important dates that include Online Application Start and End Date. We will update all the important TNPSC Group 4 Notification 2022 dates once it will be released.
|Start of Online Process||Yet to be released|
|Last date of Online Process||Yet to be released|
|Written Examination(Phase I)||Yet to be released|
TNPSC Group 4 Admit Card 2022 (Expected)
The TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment 2022 admit card is an important document that applicants should keep safe. The authorities will release the TNPSC Group 4 Admit Card 2022 ten to 15 days prior to the TNPSC Group 4 Exam 2022. Download the TNPSC Group 4 Admit Card as soon as possible to avoid any last-minute hassles. Go through the steps given below to download the TNPSC Group 4 Admit Card 2022.
Step 1: Visit the TNPSC official website @ www.tnpsc.gov.in
Step 2: Now, on the left side of the screen, press on the ‘hall ticket’ download button.
Step 3: Log in with your Registration Number/ Roll Number and Password/Date of Birth.
Step 4: Download the TNPSC Group 4 admit card 2022 and take several printouts.
TNPSC Group 4 Salary 2022 (Expected)
The official notification regarding the TNPSC Group 4 Salary 2022 is not yet released. However, Selected candidates will be offered great benefits with the TNPSC Group 4 salary 2022. The employees will be paid as per Level- 7 and 8 of the Pay Matrix. Along with the fixed TNPSC Group 4 Salary 2022, selected candidates will also get various perks like dearness allowance, House Rent Allowance, City Allowance through the table given below to get details about expected TNPSC Group 4 Salary 2022.
|Steno-Typist (Grade–III)||Level-10||INR 20,600 – 65,500|
|Other TNPSC Group 4 Posts||Level-8||INR 19,500 – 62,000|
TNPSC Group 4 Cut off 2022 (Expected)
Out of many applicants, only a few candidates get selected for the TNPSC Group 4 recruitment 2022 as it can be difficult to get into such a reputed organization. To be prepared for the examination. The authorities will release the TNPSC Group 4 Cut off 2022 after the exams are held. The TNPSC Group 4 Cut Off 2022 will be affected by various factors like vacancies, reservation, the difficulty level of the paper, previous year cut off, etc. To help you get an idea about the cut off we have provided the TNPSC Group 4 Cut off 2019 below:
How many marks to get pass in tnpsc group 4 ?
TNPSC Group 4 VAO Cut off 2019:
|Backward Class (BC)||165||162|
|Most Backward Class (MBC)||163||160|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||162||162|
|Scheduled Caste Arunthathiyar (SCA)||–||–|
TNPSC Group 4 Typist Cut off 2019
|Backward Class (BC)||182||181|
|Most Backward Class (MBC)||182||182|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||174||172|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||178||177|
|Scheduled Caste Arunthathiyar (SCA)||175||174|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||176||173|
TNPSC Group 4 Steno-Typist Cut Off 2019
The category-wise official TNPSC Group 4 cutoff 2019 of Steno-Typist was released as follows.
|Backward Class (BC)||135||132|
|Most Backward Class (MBC)||135||134|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||126||121|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||124||121|
|Scheduled Caste Arunthathiyar (SCA)||123||122|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||125||120|
TNPSC Group 4 Typist Cut Off 2019
|Backward Class (BC)||169||167|
|Most Backward Class (MBC)||168||167|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||156||153|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||159||158|
|Scheduled Caste Arunthathiyar (SCA)||155||153|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||161||156|
TNPSC Group 4 Notification 2022 Answer Key (Expected)
The TNPSC Group 4 Answer key 2022 is expected to be released by the authority within 2 to 3 weeks of the examination. The candidates can go through the TNPSC Group 4 answer key and estimate their scores and compare them with the cut-off marks to know about their selection status. The direct link to download the official TNPSC Group 4 Answer Key will be available here.
How to Prepare for TNPSC Group 4 Exam 2022?
The level of the TNPSC Group 4 Question Paper 2022 will be tough. Applicants need to be thorough with every section of the TNPSC Group 4 Question Paper 2022. It is important to answer with concentration and carefully as marks will be deducted for wrong answers. Go through the TNPSC Group 4 Preparation Tips 2022 given below.
- Firstly, go through the TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022 to understand the marking scheme.
- Candidates can practice reading books which will help them in conceptualizing the descriptive examinations.
- It is also important to read newspapers daily to stay updated or else you can refer to the Current Affairs to get news at your fingertips.
- For reasoning ability and quantitative aptitude, applicants should solve problems from different books
- Applicants should attempt the TNPSC Group 4 Previous year papers and mock test to check their preparation.
- Applicants should do a thorough revision of the TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2022.
which book is best for tnpsc group 4 ?
Recommended Books for TNPSC Group 4 Exam 2022
Given below are some of the recommended books for the TNPSC Group 4 Exam 2022. Applicants can avail of these TNPSC Group 4 books through online sites or the nearest stationery. Selecting the TNPSC Group 4 Books that are recommended by toppers and expert-curated is important. We have provided the TNPSC Group 4 books published by top authors below.
|TNPSC Group – IV Previous year Original Question Paper||Overall||TNPSC||This book will cover the entire syllabus of the TNPSC Group – 4 recruitment exam.|
|Manual for TNPSC Examinations||General Studies||McGraw Hill Publications||It will give you a real time insight on the TNPSC Group – 4 exam.|
|NCERT IX & X Books (History, Civics, Geography)||General Awareness||NCERT||NCERT books are a great help to cover the topics of general awareness in simple language.|
|A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal||Reasoning Ability||Arihant||This book has perfect examples and explanations for practicing reasoning.|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations Paperback||Quantitative Aptitude||S Chand||This guide contains most expected quantitative aptitude exams for the competitive exams.|
TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment Result 2022
As mentioned before it is not quite easy to qualify for the TNPSC Group 4 examination as only a few candidates get selected at the end by the organization. The step-by-step process to download the TNPSC Group 4 Results are mentioned below.
Step 1: Navigate to the TNPSC results official website @ tnpsc.gov.in/results.html.
Step 2: Now, click on the check TNPSC group 4 Results link, which will take you to a different website.
Step 3: Now type in your registration number and press the Submit button.
Step 4: Your TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment rank and secured marks will be displayed on the screen.
Step 5: Finally, print down the TNPSC Group 4 results in 2022 for future reference.
We hope that this article was informative about the TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment 2022.