TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2022 :
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) has released syllabus for TNPSC Group 4 exam 2022 in English and Tamil languages (download pdf in below link) along with the exam pattern. Candidates can download TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2022 pdf in Tamil & English medium.
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2022:
|General Studies||75||90||300||3 hours|
|General English/ General Tamil||100|
- TNPSC Group IV exam 2022 comprised 200 objective type questions for 300 marks that tests the candidates proficiency in general aptitude, general studies, and general Tamil/English sections.
- At least 90 marks needs to score to qualify in the group 4 exam.
- All sections will be objective in manner and the questions level will be given till SSLC standard.
- Firstly, General studies section has 75 questions in group 4 exam that mainly tests the candidates basic knowledge in various topics such as general science, current events, geography, history, politics, economy, etc.
- Secondly, there will be an aptitude section with 25 objective questions that tests aspirants Aptitude & Mental Ability skills.
- Finally, the important section i.e. General English/General Tamil, which has 100 questions, where students can choose either English or Tamil subjects in group 4 exam. It covers variety of sub topics to test the basic understanding skills of English/Tamil.
The candidates appearing for the exam should be aware of the TNPSC group 4 exam pattern. This will help them fare well in the exam. The exam will be an objective exam with multiple options.
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern 2022
- General Studies: This section would have 75 questions.
- Aptitude test: This section would have 25 questions.
- General Tamil/English: This section would have 100 questions.
- This in total there are 200 questions with a time duration of 3 hours and total marks 300.
- The candidate is required to score at least 90 marks for qualifying.
- In the third section, the candidate would have the option to select either Tamil or English.
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2022 – General Studies
I. General Science
II. Current Events
- Political Science
- Earth and Universe
- Solar System
- Monsoon, Rainfall, Weather and Climate
- Water Resources: Rivers in India
- Soil, Minerals and Natural Resources
- Forest and Wildlife
- Agricultural Pattern
- Transport including Surface Transport and Communication
- Social Geography
- Population: Density and Distribution
- Natural Calamities and Disaster Management
IV. History and Culture of India and Tamil Nadu
- Indus Valley Civilization
- Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas
- Age of Vijayanagaram and the Bahmanis
- South Indian History
- Culture and Heritage of Tamil people
- India since Independence
- Characteristics of Indian Culture
- Unity in Diversity – Race, Colour, Language, Custom
- India as Secular State
- Growth of Rationalist
- Dravidian Movement in Tamil Nadu
- Political Parties and Populist Schemes
V. Indian Polity
- Constitution of India: Preamble to the Constitution
- Citizenship: Rights Amend Duties
- Salient Features of Constitution: Union, State and Territory
- Fundamental Rights
- Fundamental Duties
- Human Rights Charter
- Union Legislature
- State Executive
- State Legislature
- Local Government
- Panchayat Raj
- Judiciary in India
- Rule of Law/Due process of Law
- Corruption in Public Life and Anti-Corruption Measures
- Official Language and Schedule – VIII
- CVC, Lok-Adalats, Ombudsman, CAG
- Right to Information
- Empowerment of Women
- Consumer Protection Forms
VI .Indian Economy
- Nature of Indian Economy
- Five-Year Plan Models: An Assessment
- Land Reforms and Agriculture
- Application of Science in Agriculture
- Industrial Growth Rural Welfare Oriented Programmers
- Social Sector Problems – Population, Education, Health, Employment
- Poverty: Economic Trends in Tamil Nadu
VII. Indian National Movement
- National Renaissance
- Emergence of National Leaders – Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore
- Role of Tamil Nadu in Freedom Struggle – Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar and others
- Different Modes of Agitations
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2022 – Aptitude Test
- Conversion of Information to Data
- Collection, Compilation and Presentation of Data
- Tables, Graphs, Diagrams
- Analytical Interpretation of data
- Highest Common Factor (HCF) and Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest Area
- Time and Work
- Number Series
- Logical Reasoning
- Visual Reasoning
- Alpha Numeric Reasoning
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2022 – General English
Part A – Grammar
- Phrases and Meanings
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Prefix and Suffix
- Question Tag
- Infinitive, Gerund, Participle
- Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb
- Plural Forms
- Simple, Compound and Complex Sentences
- Compound Words
Part B – Literature
- Figure of Speech in Poems
- Appreciation Questions from
- Poems – Important Lines
- Oscar Wilde
- Dr. Karl Paulnac
- Motivational Essays
- Description of Places
- British English vs. American English
Part C – Authors and their Literary Work
- Match Poems with Poets
- Nationality of Story
- Author of Short Story
- Autobiography/ Biography
- Nationality of Poets
- Characters, Quotes, Important Lines from Indian Authors
- Famous lines, characters, quotes from from Julius Caesar and The Merchant of Venice
- Folk Art: Country and/or State
- About Poets
- About Dramatist
- Themes in Literary Works
- Nature centered Literary works and Global issue Environment and Conservation.
Download new TNPSC group 4 syllabus 2022
TNPSC Group 4 Exam 2022 – FAQ
What are the subjects included in TNPSC Group 4 exam?
There are 3 sections included in TNPSC Group 4 Exam. They are General Studies, Aptitude Test, and General Tamil / General English. Test takers has an option to opt either General Tamil and General English subject.
Which posts are included in TNPSC Group 4 exam?
TNPSC Group 4 exam is conducted to recruitment of VAO, Junior Assistant, Bill Collector, Grade-I, Field Surveyor, Draftsman, Typist and Steno-Typist posts.
What about negative marks in TNPSC Group 4 exam?
There is no negative marks in Group 4 exam. Students can attempt as many questions to score more marks.
How many marks required to qualify in the TNPSC Group 4 exam?
A minimum of 90 marks required to qualify in the TNPSC group 4 exam. All sections will be objective in manner and the questions level will be given till SSLC standard.